RE: virus: My invitation to JoeDees

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 15:25:50 MST

    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf
    Of rhinoceros

    [Blunderov]
    In view of this, and in spite of the fact that Joe's status as a Virian
    is in good standing, it seems to me that it would be appropriate to
    formally invite Joe to resume his full relationship with Virus and I do
    so propose.

    [rhinoceros]
    True, Joe Dees is a virian in good standing, in the sense that he is not
    banned or anything. He can post just like I do any time. But what is a
    formal invitation and who can issue it? You don't mean a majority poll,
    I guess. Wouldn't Joe himself be embarassed if people pull him inside
    through the door while he is perfectly capable of walking?

    Recalling the past situation which caused discomfort to many of us (Joe
    included, probably because of a wrong choice of place), I suggest that
    Joe should walk in without any special treatment and see for himself how
    it goes. The key is that he should not feel that anyone has to cut him
    any slack, nor expect that anyone will.

    [Blunderov1] I didn't mean to presume to any special authority. It was
    just my intention to make Joe feel welcome again and to reassure the
    community that it was both of our intentions to concentrate on consensus
    and try to play nice.

    If I have been clumsy or presumptuous, I apologise.

    Best Regards