virus: [Fwd: Trend Micro Medium Risk Virus Alert - WORM_BAGLE.U]

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 17:56:15 MST

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Trend Micro Medium Risk Virus Alert - WORM_BAGLE.U
    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:46:23 -0800
    From: "Trend Micro Newsletters Editor"
    <newsletters@trendmicro.rsc03.com>
    To: wlwatts@cox.net

    Dear Trend Micro customer,

    As of March 26, 2004 2:15 AM PST, TrendLabs has declared a Medium Risk
    Virus Alert to control the spread of WORM_BAGLE.U. TrendLabs has
    received several infection reports indicating that this malware is
    spreading in US, Europe, Japan, and Korea.

    This BAGLE variant spreads via email. Its messages are blank with
    randomly-named .EXE attachments. Received samples are compressed under
    FSG.

    TrendLabs will be releasing the following EPS deliverables:

            TMCM Outbreak Prevention Policy 100
            Official Pattern Release 839
            Damage Cleanup Template 300

    For more information on WORM_BAGLE.U, you can visit our Web site at:

    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BAGLE.U

    You can modify subscription settings for Trend Micro newsletters at: