Re: virus: Why?

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 08:54:52 MDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Keith Henson" <hkhenson@rogers.com>
    To: <virus@lucifer.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 7:28 PM
    Subject: RE: virus: Why?

    > That's true. But you have to have QM for the language and concepts before
    > you can take and understand solid state physics. I think QM and solid
    > state are required for electrical engineers everywhere since solid state is
    > the required background to understanding silicon (semiconductor) circuits.

    A QM background would be helpful but it isn't strictly necessary for
    an EE degree. I passed a course in solid state physics without a QM
    pre-req, and though I have no doubt I would have understood solid state
    better with QM, it is possible to get by without. And while I'm in confession
    mode, I have an advanced CS degree but no compiler course under my belt. :-o

    David