virus: Aikido and Spirituality

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 07:05:49 MDT

    I've taken a few Aikido classes recently. So far, I recommend it.

    What is “spirituality”? I have learned, recently, that it is not some amorphous concept that people believe in so that they don't have to think about the causes and effects of things.

    It is, instead, the science of motivation, the logic behind faith, the wisdom of the unconcious mind, and the study of memetics. All of these things, and more, are spiritual.

    A study of fractals and chaos is essential in understanting the dynamics of spirit, since a key to leading a spiritual life is in experiencing the power of “strange attractors” without being drawn in so deeply that ones capacity for reason is destroyed.

    Recently, I engineered a ritual to imbue spirit into a plastic back massager that me and my girlfriend use. It worked. It's now a much more effective device. Too bad I can't do that with a ntwork server...

    I'm shocked, considering the experimental nature of all spiritual practices, that it hasn't yet been considered a science.

    I gues scientists are “spooked” by the terminology.

    - Erik