RE: virus: Aikido and Spirituality

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 12:36:12 MDT

    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf
    Of Erik Aronesty

    <snip>
    Recently, I engineered a ritual to imbue spirit into a plastic back
    massager that me and my girlfriend use. It worked. It's now a much
    more effective device. Too bad I can't do that with a network server...
    </snip>

    [Blunderov]
    I find it hard not to wonder whether the increased effectiveness does
    not arise more from an increased familiarity with the object than
    anything else.

    I can accept that 'spirituality' encompasses those aspects of human
    existence not governed by the rational sense (love for instance, is
    often claimed to be a 'spiritual' state) but whether one can actually
    imbue a concrete object with this quality...well I'm skeptical.

    But metaphor is a powerful tool. If it works for you - great!

    Best Regards.