RE: virus: Aikido and Spirituality

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 16:10:20 MDT

    Erik Aronesty
    Sent: 19 April 2004 10:51 PM
    <snip>
    I recently fell prey to a memetic effect. I told a group of friends to
    meet me under a balloon with a red X on it. I bought a mylar balloon,
    painted a red X on it and stood under it.

    Half the people couldn't find me because they were looking for a red
    balloon. Of course... because people have been trained to lump "red"
    and
    "balloon"
    </snip>

    [Blunderov]
    Lovely story. Well bagged sir!

    <snip>
    And when someone says they can see "energy" or they have "intuition",
    I take it to mean that they can deduce the prevailing memes and subtle
    memetic transfers going on in a room full of people, or in other
    "complex
    environments". They allow their mind to function such that it is not
    constrained by "linear" thought (meaning the recursive consciousness
    that
    dominates the mind, or the ego/chaotic-attractor state of mind).
    </snip.

    [Blunderov] OK. I think I can buy most of this. Not too sure about
    ego/chaotic-attractor state of mind though - what is the limiting factor
    that retains the boundaries of the self intact?

    Best Regards