RE: virus: Ya gotta have Feith

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 06:15:26 MDT

    [Blunderov] I've never heard of this fellow before, but according to the
    article @ http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FE21Aa02.html
    he was/is a militant Zionist, understandable perhaps, in view of the fact
    that both his parents were killed in the Holocaust.

    Less understandable (to me at any rate) is how it was that, given his
    political background, he came to be in charge of so many important
    decisions; not all of which seem to have worked out that well.

    Best Regards

    <excerpt>
    Pentagon's Feith in the eye of another storm
    By Jim Lobe

    WASHINGTON - Although it will take weeks, if not months, to sort out
    precisely who was responsible for what increasingly appears to have been the
    systemic abuse by US soldiers of Iraqi detainees, it should be no surprise
    if Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Douglas Feith is found to have
    played an important role.

    Feith, who according to Bob Woodward's new book Plan of Attack was described
    by the military commander who led last year's invasion, General Tommie
    Franks, as "the f****ng stupidest guy on the face of the Earth", has been at
    the center of virtually everything else that has gone wrong in Iraq, so
    there is no reason to think he was very far from this one.
    </excerpt>