RE: virus: FW: News Coverage as a Weapon

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 06:35:53 MDT

    Mermaid
    Sent: 22 May 2004 01:08 PM

    Do you have ANY idea how many times we have been promised flood
    control...when you proposed his return to cov(he was never banned..he chose
    to leave because he was admonished), you didnt know the full story(or so i
    am assuming)...you have NO idea how much grief this community had to
    bear..how many friendships strained...how much bandwidth eaten up....because
    of Joe Dees' ability to lie through his teeth re his flooding restraint..his
    faithful 'fellow fighter' is always limbic..fine, you didnt know that the
    first time..i recall someone protesting, but it died down a quick defensive
    death...joe dees is on probation...for a reason...and a damn fucking good
    reason...everyone else here is probably too nice and polite to tell you
    that..not me...well..now, you do...with all due respect, blunderov(really, i
    do respect you), there is nothing scholarly or gentlemanly about joe dees'
    repeating his previous obsession...do we have to take a fucking poll to find
    out how much we, as a grou!
    p, detest joe dees' ramblings...you dont have to take my word for it...you
    must have seen the proof for yourself...the same pattern of list abuse....i
    request you to join the majority of the group in asking joe dees to stop
    flooding our inboxes...you are free to take sides..but responsibility ALWAYS
    goes with the decisions we make...i am speaking out of frustration..not that
    i have anything against you...or that i wish to be rude...

    ----
    [Blunderov] I appreciate your candor. And I haven't taken the slightest
    offence, please allow me to reassure you.
    If I have been unwise or precipitate then I regret it. But I don't think
    there is too much to be concerned about. It seems to me that Joe has been
    restrained and reasonable.
    Yes, there was a bit of a flood the other day. But there had been quite a
    tetchy debate (in which I played no small part). Joe is probably no less
    subject to his passions than the rest of us. But when requested to do so, he
    desisted.
    Perhaps I should explain myself a bit here. I feel strongly that people
    should be entitled to voice their opinions and have them subjected to the
    critical scrutiny of others. I believe that in this way progress is made.
    Conflicting opinion is useful because it helps us to test our own
    convictions. And sometimes it is correct.
    I think Joe has shown by his recent actions a clear concern for the harmony
    of the CoV. I hope everyone will take this into account and encourage it.
    Best Regards.