virus: Re:Banality of Evil and Digital Photography

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 16:21:11 MDT

    I just noticed than Lynndie England already found her way into Wikipedia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynndie_England

    along with Monica Lewinsky and, most notably, Herostratus.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lewinsky
    <begin quote>
    Herostratus, in ancient Greece was a madman who wanted to be remembered. He committed arson and set fire to the great Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the world. From his name derives the term herostratic fame.

    City authorities afterwards forbade the mentioning of his name, on the penalty of death. This evidently did not succeed in preventing him from achieving his goal.
    <end quote>

    My first thought was that if Lynndie England manages to get off the hook without heavy losses, lots of publishers will be waiting for her. There are certain benefits in living in an open society where everything has a price tag.

    Too bad that the ones subjected to "liberation" have to drop their own few price tags and fall back to bargaining as best as they can...

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30300>