RE: virus: Bomb scare on Wall St.

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 15:12:18 MDT

    Erik Aronesty
    Sent: 24 May 2004 09:27 PM
    Can't get back into my office today because of a bomb scare. I decided not
    to stick around and see if it was a real bomb, so I wandered south and wound
    up in the National Museum of the American Indian... George Gustav Heye
    Center.

    Did you know that conical woven baskets were used to carry berries, as
    opposed to cylindrical, so that the pressure of a full basket wouldn't crush
    the ones on the bottom?

    Interesting stuff.

    ---
    [Blunderov] What with trailing wires from pockets and smelling of chemicals
    it's just as well the Rhino doesn't live in the USA!
    Best Regards
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,640684,00.html
    FBI Issues Homeland Suicide Bomber Warning
    U.S. law enforcement warned to look for tell-tale signs
    By ELAINE SHANNON/WASHINGTON
    <excerpt>
    Thursday, May. 20, 2004
    The FBI is warning law enforcement agencies to be on the alert for the
    possibility that suicide bombers may attempt to strike inside the United
    States. A lightly classified intelligence bulletin circulated Thursday to
    18,000 U.S. law enforcement bodies is headlined "Possible suicide bomber
    indicators," and was distributed via the Bureau's secure Law Enforcement
    Online (LEO) Intranet. It warns local badge-carriers to look for obvious
    signs of trouble - people wearing heavy, bulky jackets on warm days,
    smelling of chemicals, trailing wires from their jackets - as well, more
    subtle ones, such as tightly clenched fists. Someone who never shows his
    palms could be gripping a detonator rigged to go off when a button is
    released. "If you shoot him, you're still not safe because his hands relax
    and the bomb explodes," says a counter-terrorism official. </excerpt>