RE: virus: Apocalypse Now!

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 07:10:29 MDT

    [Blunderov] Seems Erik's recent speculation is not without foundation.
    Best Regards

    http://atheism.about.com/b/a/086669.htm?terms=n620c

    <excerpt>
    Administration Consults with "Rapture Christians" Over Israel
    Many people will think that I must be joking, and I wish I were - but if the
    evidence is true, the Bush administration has been consulting with "Rapture
    Christians" about foreign policy. Specifically, administration officials
    have met with the "Apostolic Congress" about upcoming moves regarding Israel
    and the Palestinians</excerpt>.

    <excerpt>
    The problem, as Perlstein notes, isn't that George W. Bush consulted with
    devout Christians - the problem is that he consulted with people
    uninterested in peace about the process for achieving peace in the Middle
    East. Yes, that's right, Christian Zionists are uninterested in peace: they
    take literally the Bible's claims about Armageddon and they expect it to
    happen because of the Palestinian issue. Either the Bush administration is
    also uninterested in peace or they aren't bright enough to figure out what
    they are consulting with the wrong people. </excerpt>