Re:virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: Joe Dees (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 11:31:45 MDT

    She claims that we are hated by the Iraqis, who don't want what we have to offer, even though the BBC poll expressly refutes her, pointing out that most Iraqis want a constitutional democracy in Iraq, and wish the US military to stay until the new government can provide security for its land and peoples.

    As to who will emerge behind Sadr, no one will who wants to represent the Iraqi Shi'ites, who are repudiating him en masse (led by Iraqi Ayatollah Sistani, the #1 Shi'ite cleric) and killing his followers. The dead-ender jihadist mindset of which she speaks is held by a small and dwindling minority, whose temporary existence should not be used as an excuse for abandoning the aspirations for freedom, democracy, representative government and human rights held by 20+ million Iraqis.

    ----
    This message was posted by Joe Dees to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30244>