RE: virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 13:04:11 MDT

    Have anything on Islamist methods of torture? I thought you might have some
    of those video clips of people being set alight, having their arms pulled
    off my jeeps, their testicles cut off or throats cut?

    Given that the US army dished out less violence to those Iraqis than was
    typically dished out to army recruits (before hazing was banned), I think
    they got off lightly.

    Using words like "Torture" and "Abhorrent" is a bit strong. What words do we
    have left for things like Daniel Perle being sliced open on tape? Are people
    seriously suggesting there is some equivalence between this ultra-rare
    conduct of rogue soldiers and what is routine in the Islamic world (torture
    and murder of prisoners)?

    Oh ye innocents.

    Regards

    Limbic