RE: virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 16:22:52 MDT

    Jonathan Davis
    Sent: 06 May 2004 09:04 PM

    Have anything on Islamist methods of torture? I thought you might have some
    of those video clips of people being set alight, having their arms pulled
    off my jeeps, their testicles cut off or throats cut?

    Given that the US army dished out less violence to those Iraqis than was
    typically dished out to army recruits (before hazing was banned), I think
    they got off lightly.

    Using words like "Torture" and "Abhorrent" is a bit strong. What words do we
    have left for things like Daniel Perle being sliced open on tape? Are people
    seriously suggesting there is some equivalence between this ultra-rare
    conduct of rogue soldiers and what is routine in the Islamic world (torture
    and murder of prisoners)?

    Oh ye innocents.

    [Blunderov] My dear friend Limbic I must protest! This is a blatant tu
    quoque and I know you know better.

    What on earth have the enemies' alleged practices got to do with anything?

    Torture Lite is still torture. It is still abhorrent. There is no such thing
    as a 'little bit abhorrent'.

    Surely?

    Best Regards