virus: Hello, I'm new

From: Weston (rd84@playing247.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 02:20:35 MST

Hello, my name is Weston Renoud. I have been eavse dropping on your
converations for awhile now, and i thought that a formal introduction was in
order.
   I was very impressed with what the virus site talked about and thus
joined the mailgroup out of curiosity to hear more. The only thing that I
believe needs some more work is in the saints area, they should be some
more, although i don't have any nominations at this time.
   I must share with you where i am coming from, then i will tell you how my
thinking is shaped. For much of my childhood i suffered "at the hands of
God." My mother became a part of a small cult, really quite unknown, which
caused the divorce of my parents. I was imersed in the cult for many of my
"informative years" and only emerged when my father finaly managed to get
custody. In the cult they believed that they were capable of speaking with
God through a thing they called "revalations," they would sit down and
imagine a conversation with God; not that original. They even had me imagine
such conversations a number of times. The scary thing was that they said
that what God had told them in these "revalations" was "God's Will," many
bad things can happen with such an open ended belief system. So...Yeah, I am
very biased against God (the concept). Thus much of my mind has focused on
disproving his existence. Being still young and not writing much on paper my
thoughts are still very crude and need refining, but here they are.
    Let me take you back to the greeks, for lack of a better example at
present. They believed that everything consited of fire, wind, water, and
earth. Yet now we know that what they were trying to explain in simple terms
is really a much larger and more complex system than they first proposed,
the atomic theory. We still don't even know the full complexity of the
system. But isn't that human nature, trying to explain things even when we
can't explain them, ok so thats a pretty big generalization but bear with
me. So now lets look at human interaction, its a large and complex system.
Do we fully understand it? No. Have we tried to fit some theory to it like
the greeks did with all mater? I believe so, and i believe the name of that
theory is God. Because of a lack of better understanding and comprehension
of human interaction i believe humans have settled for not exploring but
saying that everything can be explained in one word...God. I disagree and
say that we should explore human interaction much like we explored the atom
and disproved the preseeding theory that was inadiquite.
    So there is my two cents. I would like to thank great minds for
exploring the unknown, and often the unacceptable by societies standards.

Weston Renoud