Re: virus: I take a stand...about the middle east

From: ben (ben@machinegod.org)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 09:03:47 MST

[puppetz]
The all-holy, non-existant war that you speak of has, so far, cost millions of dollars and many lives. Just how exactly is that non-existant?

[ben]
The war exists. to call it a war on terrorism is a sham and a disservice to the memory of all who have died in it. It is a war against GWB's initial public image, it is a war against the lack of confidence held by Americans in their country and government; it is a war against many things but terrorism is not one of them. Therefore, the 'war on terrorism' does not exist, it is a carefully-selected misnomer applied to the real war that clearly does exist.

[puppetz]
Say it louder. I don't think that carnivore can hear you. Now this is really a stupid remark.

[ben]
If by 'this' you are referring to your own comment then I whole heartedly agree. Carnivore has much worse things to be told to worry about don't you think? The fact that she is American means she could already have that gun if she actually wanted it. Any comment about waiting to be given one clearly is intended as something other than literal intention.

I also wanted to congratulate you on perhaps the most apropos choice of net handle ever. Good work.

-ben