RE: virus: I take a stand...about the middle east

From: Violet Beck (seizansha@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:36:47 MST

On the matter of Lantern: As many wonderful things that there are which can
go wrong with this project, it doesn't fail to creep me out. The FBI in
general, not even disregarding the good they do this country, creeps me out.
I guess there are many things in a country that simply NEED to be kept
secret, and though I intellectually understand this it it just gives me a
nasty feeling. Going through my computer files without telling me, eh?

<blunderov>
(I think that, given a sample of a given keyboard, it might even be possible
to determine keystrokes acoustically; ever notice how the space bar sounds
different to the others?)

<violet>
*taps incessantly on keyboard* LOOK! it does... and the shift key sounds
slightly different from the enter key...

<blunderov>
To conclude: Dear Violet, do not be intimidated into moderating your
rhetoric. The administration that you are criticising demonstrates no such
restraint (\War on terror\, \axis of evil\, \you are with us or against us\
and ad nauseum) so why should you?

<violet>
Thank you. I guess I could set a good example and refrain from badmouthing
the Shrub Administration, but that's so very preschool-esque in it's view on
morality.

Cheers, Violet