RE: virus: I take a stand...about the middle east

From: Violet Beck (seizansha@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 13:00:55 MST

<bodie>
>Yeh, but any taps must be justified, at the moment the snooping services
>are looking at EVERYONES email and stuff, there can be no justification
>for that. While some snooping on criminal gangs is maybe ok, snooping on
>some old lady trying to arrange a shopping trip is not, it's a pure
>invasion of privicy and wrong
</bodie>

<violet>
First, I agree with you--snooping is a very nasty and invading business, and
I personally disagree with it being used on the general public. However,
allow me to play the devil's advocate.

Grandma arranging her shopping trip is not doing anything particularly
interesting, let alone wrong. Simply monitoring her communications doesn't
change anything about grandma's life, let alone impede her. Hypothetically,
honest people don't have anything to fear. It would simply cut down on
crime, and make our world a better place.

Of course, I still don't want anyone knowing my teenage brother looks at
porn.

Cheers, Violet