Re: virus: howdy

From: Arcadia (arcadia@lynchburg.net)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 13:37:53 MDT

> [Athe'Nonrex]
> satanists get a lot of undeserved criticism. anyone who's read LeVay's
> writing know's that he's not the "evil" person they think he is.
> ("evil" by the way, a concept that i don't believe in...
> this is why...
> http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/anarchoandy/harmonism.html )
> by the way, have a happy LeVay Day, it's his birthday!

{Arcadia}
Happy Birthday to the old sod indeed!

> [arcadia]
> >Do you discuss what's called 'level 3' or 'type 3' thinking here? It's
> >basicly an approach where you regard yourself and your mind as cybernetic
> >instruments, and resolve to program your own thinking in order to achieve
> >specific results. (Obviously, this would be a learning process.) The
point
> >of level three thinking is you transcend the questions of level 2: "What
is
> >True, and Right?" At level 3 you don't worry about whether it's true or
not,
> >since you don't intend to believe it 'forever;' you just want to know,
"If I
> >believe 'this' will it get me where I need to go?"
> >
> [Athe'Nonrex]
> sounds remotely like post-moralism...
> <ears perk up> did someone say nietzsche?

{Arcadia}
Yeah, the same ideas, or parallel ones do keep getting passed around with
new names, but sometimes there is genuine refinement of a position.

> [Athe'Nonrex]
> a meme free world/mind/envoirnment is impossible if there are multiple
> persons in existance at the same time in the same area. the programming
> of the masses isn't really that hard, but for one to do so effectively
> and profoundly is quite a task.

{Arcadia}
Agreed.

 i personally think that most people
> that started up the really powerfull supermemes did it inadvertantly.
> they thought something up, and at the time it was convincing enough that
> they believed it, passed it to another, and so on. and now that they
> aren't that convincing logicaly, it doesn't matter, because enough people
> belive in it to convince a few more to belive in it, regardless of how
> nonsensical it may seem now.

Yeah. The weird twists of fate by which idea systems live or die have that
same random-but-inevitable feel as the forces that shape physical evolution.

Peace
Matt