Re: virus:Infection and Neosporin

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:41:30 MDT

[ben] In any regard, I suggest we take any future research endeavors offline, as the lack of "audience participation" in this thread leads me to believe that our interest is not shared by the general congregation.

[Hermit] Please don't. I am watching with interest, and you are doing very well.

[Hermit] If I had any significant reservations I would have written before. Seeing as I am writting, I do have a suggestion. Ask why the ownership of the quotations are important and consider the implications of this, particularly that potential problem of "arguing from authority" - especially where the authorities are contradictory (including self-contradictory). Just because a particular quotation from a particular person at a particular time happens to match your preconceptions does not imply that your preconceptions are correct (or incorrect). It is more important to look at the fundamentals. And there, I would suggest, it comes down to fundamentals. Is might right - as Lex Talionis would have it (and the US and Israel seem to exemplify)? Or is International Law (Geneva Convention etc) , or something else more important.

Kind Regards

Hermit

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25386>