Re: Re:virus: this is the world we live in...death comes in threes

From: Archibald Scatflinger (TransdimensionalElf@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 13:50:21 MDT

> You're going to have a hard time getting validation on things like that in
> this forum. Unless Hermit's busy on the bbs.
>
> :)
>
> Personally, I think you're not _too_ far off - but it takes some serious
> dedication and personal growth to even glimpse what's available to us -
and
> drugs are cheating. Perhaps the drugs can give you a taste of what real
> work will bring but you can't pick the lock on heaven's door...

To who ever wrote this I am curious: Have you ever taken any psychedelic
drugs? Have you ever read any of the theories concerning the involvment of
psilocin in the evolution of human beings. Some very respected
ethnobotanists i.e. Terence McKenna would claim that Mushrooms are the
catalyst that allowed the development of language in the human species. I
recommend reading Food of the Gods.
Besides all information that we process in our in our body is based on some
energy-chemical or chemical-chemical reaction so how is altering these
interactions by introducing these substances any less "real" then some other
means of altering the physical and mental processes?
The study of the similarity between seratonin and a few of the tryptamine
halucinogens is fascinating.