virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Kharin (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 02:45:24 MDT

    Now, where were we? Oh, yes..

    "I oppose splitting the CoV because I do not think that a political
    entity serves the COV in any way, and because cooperation is a vital
    aspect of any groups ability to compete and grow."

    Much the same reservations as my own then. Aside from anything else there are dedicated sites for that particular purpose who can doubtless tackle that more effectively. Of course, the converse applies, and the prospect of neocon virus is a horrific one (to me, at any rate).

    "An agreed upon peace treaty of sorts seems the most likely way, IMO, to reduce tensions. Something along the lines of a "cease fire", then
    arbitration regarding ways to get along."

    Since David is developing a more formal policy on this, then I am inclined to be more optimistic regarding such proposals, though they have faltered in the past in the absence of such a policy.

    "Choose relatively objective observers - perhaps chosen by David, that most all of us will agree is serving the better interest of the CoV. By the looks of the reputation board, this would fall to you, Kharin and Rhino."

    I have observed that reputations are a very volatile affair, and it seems quite likely that the wheel of fate would turn on that point, so I'm not sure that would be the most stable way of nominating observers. That said, if I were to be asked otherwise, I would of course do what I could.

    ----
    This message was posted by Kharin to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28917>