RE: virus: Shifting Ideological Sands

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 13:07:00 MDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf
    Of joedees@bellsouth.net
    Sent: 07 August 2003 08:46 PM
    To: virus@lucifer.com
    <snip>
    Subject: Re: virus: Shifting Ideological Sands
    It is also why such Christian Fundamentalist froth-at-the-mothers as
    Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson blamed the victim, and endorsed the
    Fundy Muslim view that God had struck the US because if its fallen
    nature. The difference is, of course, that when their comments became
    widely known, they were widely and publicly reviled by the populace at
    large and forced to recant and apologize, something that does not
    happen with the rabid pronunciamentoes of mad mullahs.
    </snip>

    Most telling. It would seem that most (religious) Americans find it
    impossible to accept that they might have given offence to God. It quite
    naturally follows that they could not possibly, therefore, have given
    offence to anyone at all. I'm sure the mullahs would have no problem
    with that logic at all.

    Blunderov