RE: virus: Come play with my camera - oh baby

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 12:54:13 MDT

    Where is Bill's camera when we really need it?

    The Odd Ball Report [pub@atozinthemail.com]
    <q>
    === Police Hunt Naked Hiker

    LONDON (Reuters) - Worried police are searching for a
    naked rambler who has been enjoying the sights along
    a famous British walking trail wearing only a floppy
    hat and a pair of hiking boots, the Times newspaper
    reported Tuesday. The man has startled other ramblers
    on several occasions in the past fortnight during
    his walks in the Yorkshire Dales in northern England,
    where he has been seen at several points on the
    270-mile Pennine Way.

    During one sighting, the rambler -- described as in
    his late 30s, of athletic build and sporting an all-
    over tan -- was reported to have said a cheerful
    "good afternoon" to a woman.

    On another occasion he obligingly covered up,
    temporarily, after a male passer-by told him
    to put some clothes on.

    Acting Chief Inspector Tadeusz Nowakowski, who is
    leading the hunt, said the mystery rambler could
    face charges of outraging public decency.

    "These incidents might be quite tame, but the police
    are taking them seriously due to the distress they
    have clearly caused to the public," the Times
    quoted Nowakowski as saying.

    "Imagine if your wife was stuck up on her own in
    the Dales, having her sandwiches and a bit of a
    nap when suddenly this man comes bumbling around
    the corner," Nowakowski said.
    </q>

    What, one has to ask oneself, precisely is Nowakowski worried about? An
    unfavourable comparison? That the average 'wife' is likely to lose all
    self-control at the sight of a man who has an 'athletic build'? That he
    might seize her sandwiches?

    The sight of Blunderov stumbling around naked in the woods would be
    genuine grounds for grievance I concede, but this fellow appears to be
    making a positive contribution to scenic potential of the area.

    I'm mystified.

    Blunderov

    "We think in generalities, we live in details." Alfred North Whitehead