Re:virus: Main Street in Tatters

From: Joe Dees (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 13:09:46 MDT

    I could not completely accept Hermit's diagnosis of my paper,

    [Hermit] That in the expressed opinion of the CoV (Reputation) you are not representative of the CoV, never mind the best of the CoV, and that in the expressed opinion of the CoV (Should Joe's essay be included in the Best Of Virus?) your latest "paper" does not deserve a place there, despite your "conceited", pompous, arrogant assertion that it does ( [ Joe Dees, "virus: Call me conceited...", 2003-08-08 ] . Perhaps because it seems to me (and others) to read like an undergraduate with logorrhea's funding request, lacking a theme, filled with waffle and developing nothing.

    because I have requested and received a second opinion from Dr. Bruce Dunn (PhD, Psychology, Cornell), and here's what he had to say:

         "A creative and thought-provoking work. The first part of the paper was easily read and understood by an intelligent lay person. From pages 10 on, more definitions of key terms and expansion of your ideas (preferably with examples +/or metaphors) would have been useful.
         All in all, very good work!"

    I intend to follow Dr. Dunn's recommendations in a future draft.

    ----
    This message was posted by Joe Dees to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29074>