Re: virus: Enough is enough.

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 00:56:51 MDT

    At 11:26 PM 18/08/03 -0500, "Jake Sapiens" wrote:

    snip

    >We are talking about what is now stretching into YEARS of . . . .

    snip

    Jake and others, you might want to take this to a meta level. Namely, why
    do some people, particularly on the net, appear to be operating in an open
    social loop? (I.e., positive feedback or no feedback.)

    I consider David Sternlight to be the type example, partly because he was
    the first I ran into. The person being discussed here isn't particularly
    unusual or that extreme in terms of net legends like DS.

    I happen to have an explanation, and have talked about it at length over a
    number of years, some on the memetics list, more over on
    alt.religion.scientology. I will post what mechanisms I think are
    involved, but I would like to hear other people's views first if you would
    like to shed a little evolutionary psychology light on this topic.

    Keith Henson

    PS. If you can't resist, there are clues here.