Re:virus: Enough is enough.

From: metahuman (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 01:25:03 MDT

    [Jake Sapiens]
    The reputation system is valuable in that it finally provides a collective standardized measure of the feedback of almost all of the central figures who have been involved in building Church of Virus.

    [metahuman]
    No, the reputation is not valuable. There is absolutely no good reason to have such a system in place. As for "central figures", the Church of Virus originally rejected the idea of centralism. re: FAQ Is the CoV a cult?

    [Jake Sapiens]
    Whether or not Joe thinks it fair or not, one thing is certain, it does not lie. Another thing that does not lie is the list of the top 100 posters. After you discover that Joe Dees is consistently rated dead last in the reputation system, then I encourage you to check out the top one hundred in posting volume. It doesn't lie either. Here you will note that not only does Joe spew more than anybody else, he does so by many orders of magnitude. I urge each of you to start with the number 2 poster (Hermit) and start working your way down the list, adding each successive participants number of posts to the total. Now how long does it take for you to come up with a total that equals Joe's volume. I did this and discovered that Joe Dees' volume is more than the next 13 COMBINED!!! (sorry for the caps, but it simply couldn't be avoided. Now let's see who all is included in that 13. I will just limit this to people who have been around and are still around throughout most of the reign of Joe Dees. Others h
    ave left since, and still others or relatively newer. But just to put some personalities into the mix, . . . Hermit, myself, David, Kharin, Walter, and Bill Roh.

    [metahuman]
    Irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant. Quite frankly, the post count of any single user is of no interest to me. Unlike Hermit, I do not give respect to those with high post counts nor do I see them as more important, more right, or generally better human beings. Any Virian, or rather, MetaVirian, would do the same.

    [Jake Sapiens]
    Joe feels himself so incredibly important, that apparently he thinks that he has more important things to say that all six of these people combined.

    [metahuman]
    Apparently you like to bitch about the number of posts certain people make. Apparently Joe just likes to distribute information. That's certainly not a negative hit on him. I enjoy his writings and I enjoy his presence. He's much more moderate than Hermit and would rather have people think for themselves than follow a dissolute leader.

    [Jake Sapiens]
    We can even move afield from Church of the Virus and learn that Joe has also had to be moderated in other forums. The memetics list sponsored by the Journal of Memetics comes to mind, as well as at least one of the Extropy forums.

    [metahuman]
    We can study my forum history as well. I've been banned from over 13 forums, suspended from 5, disrespected in 24 to the extent where I had to leave, and had my permissions removed in the last year. For instance, I can no longer see the Serious Business forum here because I'm not of some rank or post count. ::) What a fucking stupid exception.

    [Jake Sapiens]
    Sure Joe can wail about Hermit taking a jab at his mother, but I have never known Hermit to get moderated elsewhere. And the one time that he was moderated in the Church of the Virus it was due largely to his frustration with Joe which I entirely understand, even though I personally wouldn't have taken it out the way that Hermit did.

    [metahuman]
    Sure, you can whine about Joe, but Mr. Dees is much more honest with his intent than Hermit. Why isn't Hermit moderated as much as Joe? Well, Joe, like a Viking, chooses the front door. Hermit, as a computer scientist, chooses the back. Deception is king in the land of faith.

    [Joe Sapiens]
    Let's face up to the facts and realize that Joe, by his actions over several years has effectively and unilaterally appointed himself the most important person in the Church of the Virus.

    [metahuman]
    That's nowhere near fact. That's simply prejudice.

    [Jake Sapiens]
    Now that silencing other people has become part of the menu, Joe Dees has not surprisingly been the first person to dash up to the buffet to exercise what he sees as his earned right. Basically if you dare to point out the very reasonable and obvious observation that Joe Dees is a memebot of no redeeming value to this community (indeed one whose permanent banning is long overdue), he will move to silence you.

    [metahuman]
    Hey, I think you should shut the fuck up too. By calling Joe a "cancer" and other names in various threads where you've been continuing Hermit's war against Joe, you have violated the terms of use set forth by Lucifer in a previous list message. If anyone should be removed from the CoV, that person is you. You made your decision to rail against a simple topic title and in the course of your actions, you rudely criticized Joe many times. Even though Joe constantly pointed out that fact, you denied it over and over again. By the way, we are adhering to the rules Lucifer has stated in the past not exercising our your so-called "earned right."

    [Jake Sapiens]
    It's not enough that he has claimed the largest three megaphones that he could find to scream into, he will try to silence you if you point this out. Indeed, now I am on trial accused of this very offense. It can, and probably will be someone else tommorrow. Is this what we really want? How long does this have to go on before Joe Dees is permanently removed from Church of the Virus. It isn't as if he is just a newbie caught in some momentary stupidity as they test the waters for the first time. We are talking about what is now stretching into YEARS of stupid memebot behavior. This isn't just a casual insult. It happens to be true and very pertinent to what we want the Church of the Virus to be and to become.

    [metahuman]
    It's an insult nonetheless and insults have been expressly forbidden. What do I really want? I want to collect a million dollars every day for the rest of my life and get laid by a Don Juanish number of beautiful women, especially bikini-clad porn stars. Aside from that, I want the Church of Virus to return to its original philosophy instead of mucking around in "needed 'schisms'" and "let's get involved in politics" discussions.

    [Jake Sapiens]
    Lets do the right thing and remove this cancer for good.

    [metahuman]
    Re: Virian virtues & sins. If Joe goes, Hermit goes, and then you go. Hell, all of you might as well leave the CoV then. How about that? Good suggestion, no? ::)

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29094>