Re: virus: Enough is enough.

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 02:17:51 MDT

    > The reputation system is valuable in that it finally provides a
    > collective standardized measure of the feedback of almost all of the
    > central figures who have been involved in building Church of Virus.
    > Whether or not Joe thinks it fair or not, one thing is certain, it
    > does not lie. Another thing that does not lie is the list of the top
    > 100 posters. After you discover that Joe Dees is consistently rated
    > dead last in the reputation system, then I encourage you to check out
    > the top one hundred in posting volume. It doesn't lie either. Here you
    > will note that not only does Joe spew more than anybody else, he does
    > so by many orders of magnitude. I urge each of you to start with the
    > number 2 poster (Hermit) and start working your way down the list,
    > adding each successive participants number of posts to the total. Now
    > how long does it take for you to come up with a total that equals
    > Joe's volume. I did this and discovered that Joe! Dees' volume is more
    > than the next 13 COMBINED!!! (sorry for the caps, but it simply
    > couldn't be avoided. Now let's see who all is included in that 13. I
    > will just limit this to people who have been around and are still
    > around throughout most of the reign of Joe Dees. Others have left
    > since, and still others or relatively newer. But just to put some
    > personalities into the mix, . . . Hermit, myself, David, Kharin,
    > Walter, and Bill Roh. Joe feels himself so incredibly important, that
    > apparently he thinks that he has more important things to say that all
    > six of these people combined. We can even move afield from Church of
    > the Virus and learn that Joe has also had to be moderated in other
    > forums. The memetics list sponsored by the Journal of Memetics comes
    > to mind, as well as at least one of the Extropy forums. Sure Joe can
    > wail about Hermit taking a jab at his mother, but I have never known
    > Hermit to get moderated elsewhere.&nbsp! ; And the one time that he
    > was moderated in the Church of the! Virus it was due largely to his
    > frustration with Joe which I entirely understand, even though I
    > personally wouldn't have taken it out the way that Hermit did.
    >
    > Let's face up to the facts and realize that Joe, by his actions over
    > several years has effectively and unilaterally appointed himself the
    > most important person in the Church of the Virus. Now that silencing
    > other people has become part of the menu, Joe Dees has not
    > surprisingly been the first person to dash up to the buffet to
    > exercise what he sees as his earned right. Basically if you dare to
    > point out the very reasonable and obvious observation that Joe Dees is
    > a memebot of no redeeming value to this community (indeed one whose
    > permanent banning is long overdue), he will move to silence you. It's
    > not enough that he has claimed the largest three megaphones that he
    > could find to scream into, he will try to silence you if you point
    > this out. Indeed, now I am on trial accused of this very offense. It
> [...]

            You're trying your best (or worst), aren't you, Jake? After all,
    you are the one who strayed over to the Memetics list in order to attack
    me, when I had not addressed you there at all, or even been aware of
    your presence, and you are one who blocked all my private messages
    to you while flaming me publicly, just like a bratty two-year-old who
    screams while covering his ears. I was attacked on the Extropy list for
    the cardinal crime of asserting that the second amendment right to keep
    and bear arms should not extend to convicted violent criminals, the
    certified insane, and children (do any one of you REALLY wanna argue
    that point?).
            Now you are incensed that you are called on your insults here
    - like you should be. Well, tough. If you had not engaged in ad
    hominem - a logical category not amenable to popularity and
    ideological-bent-influenced interpretation on a just, fair and impartial list
    - I would not have called you on it. If I am expelled from this list, it will
    prove one thing, and one thing only: that popular people can bully less
    popular people off of it however wrong they may be, and carry pliable
    bystanders along to agree, or at least to acquiesce, regardless of the
    objective merits of their positions, or lack of same. That is a sad and
    sorry obituary for this list (for it will indeed spell its demise as a logical
    and noncultist vehicle (strqins of "Cult of Personality" playing in the
    background), and it will indeed be an obituary for all but the cultists
    that, like in the Genius list, continue to persevere in their particular
    brand of bigotry. Mark my words; I am the prophet now. This list is
    careening into an ideologically-motivated irrelevancy, led by a
    malicious, vicious and offended-because-proven-repeatedly-wrong pied
    piper (Hermit) and his dittohead minions (of which I now sadly count
    Jake as one). If you truly want to make this list an ideologically closed
    daisy chain, I demand that my monthly payments to this list cease, and
    that my creative work (including my poems, short stories and acadamic
    papers) and my posts (including the Gator Fate) be cleansed from this
    increasingly sick, twisted and demented list, since I wrote them and own
    them and can decide their fates, leaving many of this list's categories
    denuded of creativity. If I am expelled and they are not removed, be
    assured that I will sue, and I will win a lethal judgment. Go ahead, be
    the Kings of a Virally Infected Nothing!