Re:virus: Abuse of power or playful bickering?

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 19:24:36 MDT

    Just for reference, as the intent behind the proposed processes some of which are already in place is to kleep this kind of discussion off our BBS and prevent messing our forums with accusations and counter accusations, but seeing that this linen appears to be being washed in public:
    Here is what I objected to and which preempted the sequence noted by Kalkor:

    <snip>

    Kalkor: This was what triggered the sequence you commented on:

    <Mermaid> of course, the cheerful exchange on sanskrit in cov came to a crashing end when hermit decided that some indian guy from mauritius was trying to convert cov to eastern religious mumbo jumbo
    <Jonesey> much more useful to have good logic and discrete math training
    <Mermaid> i tried my best..but there is only so much you can do when hermit has taken up a cause...he is like a train on cocaine
    <snap>

    The relevant sections on the Wiki may be found at:

    http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/VirianDiscipline (]Kid-A,"How does a written language die?", Reply 1, 2003-09-01[/url) - Status WorkInProgress
    [url]http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/DisciplinaryAction - Status WorkInProgress
    http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/DisciplinaryProcess - Status WikiAccepted
    http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/ReconciliationCommittee - WikiAffirmed

    Notice that as the "Disciplinary process has been accepted via a vote (it is a restatement of the policy established in http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/Disownment that that particular process would apply if any.

    Hermit

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29203>