RE: virus: Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 14:51:36 MDT

    [quote from: Kalkor on 2003-09-15 at 14:19:57]
    So, some questions: How long does it take until you would label the average cigarette quitter \"completely quit\"? Will it fit within the 6wk timeline?

    [Mermaid]I am not a smoker, Kalkor. I cant help you a lot there. But enrolling for the 6 wk bootcamp is a step in the right direction. Habits we pick or drop during the 6 week challenge should be something we carry on or avoid in the long term too. The six week window is only to make sure that people get motivated and it is also to serve as a 'kick start'.

    [quote from: Kalkor on 2003-09-15 at 14:19:57]
    I'd like to set a date for my \"last cigarette\" so that I can plan and take advantage of as many schemes and tactics and whatnot for quitting. So. Would a date like October 6th (3 weeks from today) qualify me? That would give me
    24 days until the deadline. If I have not smoked any tobacco for 24 days, would that be considered a provisional “quit”?

    [Mermaid]If you make a decision within the challenge period and stay true to your decision throughout the six week period, then you win. I am guessing that six weeks is sufficient time for most of us to get used to the idea of a change and crawl towards it slowly, but surely.

    [Mermaid]As for me...I am walking 15minutes x 2 everyday. and make sure that I see at least 2 sunrises + 2 sunsets every week. I am going to reduce my sugar intake to about 3 tablespoons a day.(Thanks Jonesey from #immortal) and start cooking more at home! I am also inching towards what I consider my middle age(best case scenario), so I am cutting down my dairy consumption by half..exactly 50% and probably up the calcium accordingly.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>