Unilateralism (was: RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1)

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 13:29:33 MDT

    Okay, I am still in the process of digesting the E-Zine, so I haven't read
    Hermit's piece yet, (but I will soon), but I can't let Jonathan's assertion
    below just slide by. I would agree that the USA has had a tradition of
    choosing diplomacy and consensus, but the current administration has shown
    a very clear preference for unilateral action over diplomacy and consensus.
    Indeed often not just a preference, but the sole "strategy". Indeed other
    modes of conducting foreign policy seem almost missing from this
    administrations repertoire. (Colin Powell not withstanding since they seem
    to more or less ignore him making his diplomacy ineffective before he
    starts). I can't imagine what (other than perhaps an ideological/memetic
    infection) would lead Jonathan to not notice these rather obvious public
    facts.

    -Jake

    Of
    > Blunderov