virus: Re:Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 08:37:40 MDT

    One way to prevent nail biting is to dip your nails into something that is awfully unpleasant to taste...i dont remember what was used, but that was the same technique used to stop thumb sucking in bigger children.

    on a different note: week #1 is over! updates!

    its ok if the first week was shaky. trod on slowly, but surely. every day is a challenge. sometimes, looking forward and planning can be a daunting task. its easy to get discouraged and give up. if you slipped one day, pick yourself up and go for the next day. remember to give yourself a break during the course of the week.

    from my experience > if you dont feel like doing..say the entire 5miles/day...do what you can..maybe a mile..maybe 2...push yourself just a bit even though it doesnt match your original target. one mile of running/day is definitely not the same as five miles of running/day, but one mile/day is infinitely better than zero miles/day. *something* is better than nothing at all.

    as for me, sunrises are easier than sunsets. somedays, i push myself more and somedays i dont get out at all. i havent been able to give up my sugar...it lurks in that ice cream or that cocoa drink....not to mention the amount of sugar that gets ingested while tasting dishes as i cook them. tomorrow! tomorrow!

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>