Re:virus: virus chat #virus de-opping

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 22:40:40 MDT

    [kirksteele]
    Let us put some more facts on the table at the time of their occurrence.

    First stipulate the given: None of this has entered the forum domain for public consideration.

    [rhinoceros]
    It seems the forum was not lucky enough to avoid being dragged into this. That was also Hermit's concern when he wrote the much debated "Disciplinary Process" document. We had better do it right this time.

    [kirksteele]
    Mermaid chased Hermit into a “previously agreed upon by both parties” private haven, for Hermit that is #rats.

    [rhinoceros]
    "Mermaid chased Hermit": I have been hearing many strange things about the Mermaid in the last one and a half year that I am around but I never stop being amazed. I never got answers too, so I stopped asking. How do you chase someone in an IRC channel... and Hermit of all people...

    "Previously agreed private haven": Who told kirksteele about that agreement? I have been talking with both Hermit and Mermaid and nobody mentioned it. The only thing I heard was that #rats is a political project of Hermit's, not directly associated with #virus. Is kirksteele saying that what Hermit created was a haven to keep himself safe from the Mermaid? Did either Hermit or Mermaid tell kirksteele, or did he make this up? Kirksteele should speak. We'll understand.

    [kirksteele]
    Hermit asked her to leave as she was in violation of the convention. She persisted. He kbanned her. She went back to #virus where she began defamatory chat against him. He noticed this. He called her on it in forum. She persisted. He kbanned her there. Somebody objected and summarily unbanned her against the stricture of the “immediate action” precepts of DiP and Wiki protocol.

    [rhinoceros]
    Everything about the incident (except the "convention" and the "DiP and Wiki protocols", of course) is still in the IRC logs of #virus, October 7, between 22:00 and 23:00. Or at least the true version of what kirksteele has been authoring here.

    [kirksteele]
    All the while Lucifer is chatting Hermit. All the while Lucifer is aware of what is going on. All the while Lucifer decidedly avoids intervention.

    When Lucifer is called on this avoidant behavior, he is informed that a third party will put a cease to the hostilities and does so. The response included “…fine, I’m out of here…”

    [rhinoceros]
    Kirksteele should consider the possibility that Lucifer is not interested in playing the role which he would like to assign him.

    That said, what Lucifer was doing was not plain vanilla chatting. An "official complaint" was issued, and it was being handled by a committee (pretty much like what Hermit had suggested in his "Disciplinary Action" document), which heard everything and made a decision. I know because I was there, and I think it was fruitul. There will be an announcement.

    [kirksteele]
    Now let’s discuss it.

    [rhinoceros]
    I can help. Kirksteele forgot to make the logical connection between this story and his lost operator privileges in #virus. Wasn't that his initial concern?

    I wish lots of fun to both kirksteele and metavirus. Hopefully, they can let off some steam somewhere else and be back here for a more interesting discussion whenever they feel secure.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29546>