RE: virus: New virian virtue

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 04:46:40 MST

    metahuman
    > Sent: 13 November 2003 1115

    <snip>
    > The opposite of intellectual integrity is intellectual hypocrisy, a
    state
    > of mind unconcerned with genuine integrity.
    </snip>
    [Blunderov] I agree. Part of the problem is the perceived need 'to win'
    an argument. Not everyone prefers subtlety of enlightenment to the glory
    of conquest and many a flame war has born witness to this sad fact.

    Without wishing to be dubbed a master of the obvious, perhaps it is
    worth taking note of the power of integrity. It may be that the most
    important commitments are those that one makes to oneself - after all,
    people come and go but 'you can never leave'.

    It is possible that it is this very matter that lies at the dark heart
    of 'the burden of choice' that concerned Sartre.

    Best wishes pilgrims.