virus: Awesome power of evolution!

From: Calvin Ashmore (coa@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 09:09:55 MST

    One of the greatest things I've discovered about evolution is how if it's
    modelled in a simulation, how amazingly powerful it actually can be.

    One program that models this is called Bitozoa, and it can be found here:
    http://www.bpp.com.pl/bitozoa/bitozoa.htm

    If the settings are set well enough, it is possible to attain a stable state
    in which the organisms fly through the screen with a level of cunning that
    is quite remarkable. For Bitozoa2, I have a saved simulation in a rather
    nice state-
    http://obelisk.res.cmu.edu/stable.bt2

    There is also the program Primordial Life, which is a very neat tool, it
    permits evolution, but is mostly geared towards having interesting biot
    behavior.
    http://www.io.com/life/

    Thought suddenly occurred to me that people here might appreciate such
    things :]
    Take care!

    ---
    Calvin Ashmore
    http://www.icosilune.com/
    "Don't worry, the worst is yet to come!"