Re: virus: to the students here

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 12:58:21 MST

    [Mermaid]

    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031120/ap_on_hi_te/dorm_overload_2.e

    after reading the above article, i was left wondering about students' study habits. if you have lived on campus during college, what was your study pattern? describe study habits and methods. students and ex-students welcome. off campus students/ex-students are welcome to chime in too.

    [athenonrex]
    what the crap? why the fucl do these kids need a DVD player in their
    dorm? you really need a big screen colour TV to study, now dontcha?

    it's completely rediculous. when i was going to school i had a back
    pack? remember those? yeah, in my backpack i had some books and a binder
    or two. oh, and penciles...i think a pen or two. i have to confess, i
    did indeed have a portable cd player for my own enjoyment and to block
    out the outside world while studying. i realize that perhaps an
    enternainment system can "block out the outside world" for you, but does
    it help at all with study? of course, studying for me was always more
    along the lines of reading book X i had for class X.

    i'm dumbfounded over this article. school has become more about what
    kind of luxuries that students can have instead of what they can learn
    and pursue. i think that's kinda sad.