RE: virus: Osama bin Laden and the Bushes (was Saddam arrested)

From: Michelle Anderson (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 08:50:05 MST

    [Blunderov] I would be interested in your conclusions with regard to
    home gym equipment if you care to pass them on. Kalkor (from whom,
    sadly, we have not heard much lately) seems to be quite an expert on
    these matters.

    [Michelle] Kalkor's busy with school but I'm an exercise buff myself...
    FREE WEIGHTS! FREE WEIGHTS! Sadly most people are not motivated enough
    to watch a miniseries in its entirety, let alone follow through on a
    lifelong commitment to their health.

    Most of the "innovative" stuff is total crap, and that's why people stop
    using it. It's marketed in a way that makes people think that it will
    do the focusing and thinking for them, which is why it does not work.
    In my opinion after years of hard work, the true benefit of exercise
    comes only when it's used to improve your mind-body connection, which
    requires concentration and observation. A quiet place, if you will.

    I'm always reminded of and motivated by a post of Walter's from years
    back where he gave virian points to a healthy life and one of them was
    "remember to exercise every day so your brain remembers it's attached to
    a living body". Or something like that. You get the principle.

    In addition, the only form of exercise that actually grants measurable
    health improvement and longevity benefits is weight training. What I've
    heard and read indicates that growing new muscle stimulates the body to
    release HGH and therefore fight ageing in all its forms. Other types of
    exercise, particularly "aerobic" exercise, requires so much faith and
    commitment... the results go away if you don't maintain on at least a
    weekly basis... the gratification is minor unless you are also following
    a diet plan and see cosmetic changes, or take up an endurance sport to
    use your new aerobic capacity...

    I'm full of opinions if you'd like any more.

    ;)
    Michelle