RE: virus: sebby's g/f betrays him!!!

From: Jei (jei@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 14:24:47 MST

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Michelle Anderson wrote:

    > [Jei] Anyways, I don't see why anyone would prefer being dominated
    > to being the dominator in a relationship. - In western societies women
    > are wanted. - They are free and get to do the choice. - Men on the other
    > hand are more or less forced to compete for them (unless they're in the
    > top 5% hunks or so.) -> Hence they can be dominated or dumped in western
    > societies. - In less civilized places women really need the men, hence
    > they take care of them.
    >
    > Only when women begin to feel insecure in their chances of securing a
    > man, will they submit to being dominated in western societies. I can see
    > many advantages in non-american women. - Although it may be a matter of
    > pride for some to dominate an american woman,
    > - however real that domination then actually is, is another matter.
    >
    > Speaking in crude generalities, of course, and naturally assuming that
    > we all wish to rule our world.
    >
    > [Michelle] What about not dominating or be dominated but having an equal
    > partnership? In my relationship, we each give lip service to the
    > other's superficial needs to be perceived as dominant - ie, he does the
    > car stuff, the heavy lifting, etc., even though I'm quite capable, and I
    > do the kitchen stuff, the cleaning, the nurturing, even though he's
    > quite capable, and we enjoy this little game we play - but then when it
    > comes down to anything of importance, we are utter equals and bow to
    > each other's areas of expertise and experience. It IS possible...

    I agree, it can work, but then you would need to find your
    mate among those with the necessary intelligence and moral
    understanding of the concepts. - Which depend on upbringing,
    the social environment, personal values and experiences.
    In some places such people can be really rare birds. -
    Depends also where and how you look, I guess. - Also one
    can ponder if equality is a desirable feature for one's
    relationship? Aggressive behaviour attracts some females,
    instinctively looking for the big "pack leader" to whom they
    submit. - And I know some people who would rather be alone
    than submit to any man (or a woman) in anything. I guess
    it all depends on one's personality and finding the right
    fit.