Re:virus: idea i think drsebby might like-"Courage...and use slight of hand to win the game".

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:58:42 MST

    [DrSebby]
    ....yeah i know my supposed "solution" is absurd and foolish...i was merely entertaining my emotions for a minute or so on a bottle of wine.

    ...to ruin the fun, i freely confess that the situation is soooo complex, and with few solutions that dont cause equal harm as help. i am in no way one to offer a solution.

    [rhinoceros]
    Heh, I assumed it was a joke in the first place. Now... to continue in the same spirit...

    Solutions... if the bookies take bets I would put my money on the Great Ayatollah Sistani (http://slate.msn.com/id/2094814/). Well, maybe the citizens will have to settle for laws compatible with the Islam, but hey, why should Iraq be any different from its neighbors? Besides, all the media say that the guy is a secularist and he even gave an interview to a female reporter, if you can believe it!

    As Dubya put it in his "State of the Union Address" (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/01/20040120-7.html):

    [Dubya]
    "We also hear doubts that democracy is a realistic goal for the greater Middle East, where freedom is rare. Yet it is mistaken, and condescending, to assume that whole cultures and great religions are incompatible with liberty and self-government. I believe that God has planted in every human heart the desire to live in freedom. And even when that desire is crushed by tyranny for decades, it will rise again. (Applause.)"

    Hmm.. wait. Doesn't this sound like appeasement? The "A" word... Andrew Sullivan will be most upset over this...

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30053>