virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 21:20:59 MDT

    [Joe Dees]
    I am not role-playing, I am merely noting the complete absence of such condemnation, wailing and teeth-gnashing on this list when a Palestinian who has been recruited, trained, instructed in a target and provided a manufactured wearable explosive by an entire cooperative network blows himself up in an Israeli school bus, killing scores of children, as happened recently (one of hundreds of similar type attacks). Listening for the measured and evenhanded condemnation....listening....listening...(sound of crickets, breath of a wisp of breeze in the branches)...

    [rhinoceros]
    You can't be serious. There is no such thing as Inference by Bargaining. I myself have posted the news about suicide bomber attacks first -- when they happened. You can't get anywhere by canceling out nastiness. It must be tageted on the spot and examined both at the social level and at the level of personal responsibility.

    To quote Eric. S. Raymond

    "The road to hell has often been paved with good intentions. Therefore, evil is best recognized not by its motives but by its methods."

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30303>