Re: virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 11:23:39 MDT

    [rhinoceros] Erik, watch the following. Then make up a similar story swapping the actors, and a (not very) subtle element of the discussion we are having here will become apparent. If it doesn't, then forget it, it is just me.

    <from another exchange>
    [rhinoceros] Reuters, minutes ago.

    RAFAH, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - Defying international fury and rare U.S. rebuke, Israel has expanded its bloodiest Gaza Strip raid in years after killing 39 Palestinians in three days of fighting in the Rafah refugee camp.
    <snip>

    <Erik>

    Ok, so, by similar story I think you mean:

    Israel is not “at fault” for these actions. Rather than blame them, we can blame their actions. We can see them as misguided and ask ourselves what we can do.

    There are thousands of solutions to the “israel is violent” situation:

    For example, we can:

    Look at the root causes of their anger and violence and see if we can find a way to mitigate these circumstances

    Provide better security and information to the Palestinians

    Hold education and integration conferences in Israel

    Etc.

    Different situation... same constructive way of thinking.