virus: Re:A Diversion

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 03:53:04 MDT

    blunderov, I remember one of dawkins' essays from devil's chaplin where he bemoans the current state of parental affairs where parents force their religious views and dogmas onto their kids...while his concern is valid, if you really think about it...isnt that why parents have kids in the first place...to create miniature versions of themselves in order to pursue the immortality of their genes and memes...dawkins(author of selfish gene even!), of all people..should be able to see why something that seems unfair and cruel to him is absolutely logical from the 'other side'..or rather in the grand scheme of things...is it fair to expect compulsary 'rational'(aka secular/heathen in certain circles) education ..isnt it the equivalent of a religious majority saying that religious education must be made compulsary for all and if they dont want to be saved anyways, its their funeral...will that ever happen? not likely..how can 'rational' education be expected..in britain recently, 'atheism' is going to be made part
    of 'religious studies'...if it werent so hilarious, it would be fucking pathetic...'atheism as part of religious studies'..get it?

    it seems to me that the only way is to create more 'rational' clones...smart people reproducing at a faster rate than the spawning rate of the idiots...that and do something about medicine keeping all the weaklings alive...drastically affecting the chances of the human species evolving or creating another 'daughter species'...trust me...i have given this much thought...since i officially turned into a middle aged woman with a ticking biological clock, i had given myself one year to rationally justify the decision not to procreate..except for my hedonism and utterly graceless manner of living..not to mention the incessant swearing...there is no reason why i cant procreate...fortunately or unfortunately, i am too lazy to change diapers...baby farms or birthing pods....whats your pick?

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30340>