RE: virus: The Rumsfeld wriggle.

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 11:47:47 MDT

    [Blunderov] It seems to me that Rumsfeld has presented a good example of a
    straw-man as his reason for not resigning; he said that he would resign if
    he felt that he could not be effective.

    To my mind this is not the issue at all. The question is rather whether he
    can be trusted not use his position to suppress further evidence of his own
    admitted culpability. A classic conflict of interest in fact, that renders
    his position by definition untenable.

    (I'm wondering whether he is not being retained as a patsy and is destined
    to be thrown to the wolves closer to the polling date while Dubya quietly
    avails himself of the nearest exit.)

    Best Wishes