Re: virus:Infection and Neosporin

From: ben (ben@machinegod.org)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 20:47:17 MDT

[ben 1] Is the relationship between the statements made in those two
sentences
coincidental or causal?

[Mermaid 2] Excellent question. I dont know.

[ben 3] Fair enough - I'm not always sure myself. I think it is important to
try to recognize and isolate situations where that is the case however.

[ben 1] Is this one of your more "authentic" sources? Legitimately curious.

[Mermaid 2] I found the article through www.zmag.org which I consider to be
fairly decent with a dominant anti-war/pro-peace theme.

[ben 3] At first glance, I like it. A little left for my tastes, but still
informative. Thank you. I especially was glad to see this snippet from
[url]http://www.merip.org/palestine-israel_primer/zionism-pal-isr-primer.htm
l[/url]:

[quote]A tiny minority of ultra-leftist Jewish Israelis identify themselves
as non- or anti-Zionists. Some of them aspire to see all of Israel/Palestine
transformed into a single state with citizenship and equal rights for all
inhabitants, and others advocate the creation of a Palestinian state in all
of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. [/quote]

It's not that I doubted the existence of this opinion among jews. However, I
hadn't seen much evidence of it in the popular or Islamic press, which means
that it will be much easier for global society to equate all jews, (or even
non-jews with jewish sounding names) with the kind of aggression that is
associated with Israel - a trend the beginnings of which have already been
seen.

[Mermaid 2] A search on 'jews for justice' reveals that the article is
actually a publication that is now being carried by several
pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli websites.

[ben 3] Yes - one suspicion I have is that it was in fact not written by
jews at all, and this is one of the reasons. If it was indeed written by
jews, surely it would be on at least one, probably several jewish sites as
well.

The same search also led me to this:
[url]http://www.al-bushra.org/israel/bob.html[/url] which again alleviated
the above concern somewhat.

[quote]A growing number of Jews in America and Israel believe the
Palestinian people have been unjustly deprived of their rights to live
in their own homes, on their own land, free of oppression.
We believe these courageous Jews are following the only path to a just
peace [/quote]

Followed by a very interesting list of links to jewish organizations of that
nature.

[ben 1] In any regard, I suggest we take any future research endeavors
offline

[Mermaid 2] I would like this discussion to evolve and be bought to a
logical conclusion in this
forum where it began.

[ben 3] Of those who have responded to my suggestion, none wanted to see it
taken offlist. I am certainly OK with keeping it on-list.

[ben 3] Final note: Please do not take any impending slowness on my part in
the research as a sign of non-interest. I have already put aside a few
projects (I may never actually finish GEB at this rate...) however
researching the War on Terrorism/War against Oppression has to take a back
seat to both the (temporary) War against Qmail's Unbelievably Bizzare
Virtual Domains Implementation and the (never-ending) War against Slipped
Development Deadlines; the two main battles in my ongoing War against
Bouncing Rent Checks...