virus: Re:Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 11:47:54 MDT

    hey michelle! i have ceased all upper body weight training except the use of stairmaster's gravitron 2000AT. it is the version with the weight stack. old timers may remember the pneumatic model which, btw, has been discontinued for a long time now. unlike conventional chin up bars and pull up bars, you can select the weight you want to lift. i like it better than the other resistance training machines and free weights. ultimately, i'd like to be able to lift my own body weight. i am a long way from there. i am slowly developing an allergy towards free weights and leaning more towards yoga/pilates etc. i dont know if its a passing phase or if this is something i will eventually settle into for the long haul. it seems to me(and its only my opinion...and so it applies only to me when i state this) that strenous weight training is inhibiting my flexibility. i feel 'taut'..not 'stretched' and i dont want to feel taut.

    the 'superslow' workout is way beyond my capabilities right now. i think it would be fair to say that its more than psychological impediments that severely discourages me from going that way. the 'pyramid' didnt keep me interested long either.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>