virus: Re:Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:08:57 MDT

    oh no! dont get me wrong! i am not against weight training! not being the most graceful person on legs, i seem to be injuring my back, knees and ankles a lot these days...working out gets to be a pain in the back..literally...that leads to me being stiff..which in turn makes it difficult to return to the weight room...and so on...it just isnt working for me right now...yoga and pilates(i call it the fuck bench.. it feels like a lover) is more gentle...languid even..:)

    i cant tear myself away from the gravitron because i think it evokes something primal in me when i hang down like an ape..so much for evolution..:P....purely for symmetrical purposes, leg press at 110(12, 10, 8 reps)

    i have no idea re the type of yoga. for as long as i remember, my grandfather always started his day with yoga. he taught me some and we were also taught yoga in school. i did go to the sivananda ashram for a while. but thats only because my doctor insisted i take instruction there and he was very cute. it was only there i learnt the valuable instruction about proper breathing techniques. i have no idea what they follow..probably a mixture of hatha yoga and raja yoga. i was too distracted to take notes. i have never heard of hot room yoga. whats *that*?

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>