virus: Atheism, Reasonables, Scientists

From: aperick@centurytel.net
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 13:07:36 MDT

    [Ant]
    I'll leave atheism to someone else, but agnostic, in a broad sense,
    means "one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or
    the nonexistence of God or a god". [www.m-w.com]

    So what are we of the CoV, we brights, we unchurched committed to? Is
    there one tenet that is common to all of us? Surely it is a commitment
    to reason?

    So we're reasonables...

    [aperick]
    Are we not committed to, not only Reason, sweet reason with a capital R. But
    also to a larger method: the Scientific method. It will always eventually
    lead in the direction of truth, since proper Scientists are NEVER
    'completely' committed to any view of reality.

    I argue at great length in favor of Atheism (Scientific Atheism) in:

    http://home.centurytel.net/rickw/aon.htm