RE: virus: Nick Berg email I got

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:27:56 MDT

    Kalkor
    Sent: 17 May 2004 06:16 PM
    <snip>
    People beheading people? People making a video about
    people beheading people? People supposing that the video of people beheading
    people is really a fake video of people beheading people? People making a
    fake video about beheading someone?

    [Blunderov] Apologies in advance if everyone is tired of the subject (I
    thought I was too) but I noticed something new about the video when they
    played it on the news again.

    Nick Berg DOES move in the wide shot when all the pontificating is taking
    place. Three times he appears to hunch his shoulders slightly. Each time it
    is an identical movement. This is, as far as I can tell, absolutely the only
    motion he makes. Each time Berg does this, the masked figure on the left
    (who seems quite restless throughout) makes an identical swaying motion with
    his knees.

    In other words the tape has been looped three times. The reason for doing
    this must be to artificially convey the impression of movement on Berg's
    part.

    (It is quite easy to capture a video frame on the wrong field which would
    then produce a frame which is slightly out of alignment with the original.
    One could then copy a number of these frames (in order not to make too
    sudden a jump) back into the video.

    One does not need very specialized equipment to do this. Most computers have
    a firewire port or similar. Microsoft MovieMaker which comes standard with
    Windows XP is perfectly capable of performing such an edit.)

    If I am correct about this, it would amount to a virtual confession by the
    editor of the tape that Berg was not capable of movement.

    Best Regards