Re:virus: Transhuman (Body work)

From: Dr Sebby (drsebby@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 14:08:54 MDT

    ...it's easy for men to seem profound and say things like, "oh, that's
    disgusting..." or "she was better looking before she started!"...or "i would
    never go on a date with chick that looked like that". but we are trained to
    know that statements like that will win us points in the minds of others.
    the fact is that she does look considerably better now than she did before.
    what is fairly unattractive is her obsession and what i imagine to be a
    pathological personality. but even that statement is unfair for me to
    say...some people are born with good looks, and those that arent can pretend
    it doesnt matter all they want, but the fact is it does. we are genetically
    wired this way...we WANT to be found 'attractive' or 'alluring' by our
    peers. we want to have people think, "oooh, what a sexpot that is!" and
    when we dont? we learn to deal with it and find the best possible
    alternative.

    ...so; is this chick more attractive now? yes. but in lieu of her
    obsession, i imagine she comes with lots of seriously annoying psychological
    accompanyments. so i believe i could find a much better all around package
    elsewhere. who knows, i could be wrong...maybe because of her new
    self-confidence-inducing appearance, she's lost her psycho aspects. but
    conventional wisdom tells me as a male that if i were to encounter her at a
    cocktail party and she was looking her best, i might be up for quickly
    bending her over a sofa, lifting the dress up and having a quick go at her.

    DrSebby.
    "Courage...and shuffle the cards".